Last week, I mentioned that Zack and I were getting ready to move. What I didn’t say was that last week we had no idea where we were moving. Well today we know where we’re going! Yay for having a place to live! Moving day will be in about two weeks. I had better double my packing efforts!
Speaking of packing, I found some mini reeses and mini rolos this week! I have to admit that I did go agains my whole “cleaning out the pantry” bit. When I saw the mini candies at the store, I saw cookies and couldn’t get them out of my head. When I got them home, I put on an episode of Ken Burns: National Parks (because I’m a nerd like that) and got to chopping. I just halved all of the candy pieces and that seemed to be the best. Everyone likes big chunks of candy in their cookie, right?
For the cookies, I chose to use the recipe for the cookie portion of Bakerella’s candy cookies. They might as well be peanut butter cookies and worked very well for my purpose. I will say that I feel like there may be a little tot much flour in the recipe, however it did end up working. Let’s just say you will want a glass of milk with your cookies. I made one batch of dough and split it in half. One half of the dough had Reeses mixed in and the other half got the Rolos.
As far as taste goes, I feel like almost nothing could beat these cookies. While the Reeses cookies are a given at being good, I was incredible surprised at how amazing the rolo cookie tasted with its mixture of salty peanut butter cookie and super sweet caramel rolos. Give these cookies a try! When you do, maybe use 1 1/4 cups flour instead of 1 1/2. Recipe after the strip!
Reeses and Rolo Cookie Recipe
(Makes 24 Cookies)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 bags of Mini Reese’s, chopped
- 2 bags of Mini Rolo’s, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder and salt.
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugar until light at fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla
- Add flour and mix well
- Separate the dough into halves
- Fold in the Mini Reese’s to one half of the dough and Mini Rolo’s to the other half.
- Separate dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and pat down a little bit.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes